- Carnations need some hours of full sun each day and should be kept moist.
- Avoid over-watering as this may tend to turn the foliage yellow.
- Spent flowers should be removed promptly to promote continued blooming.
- The quality of the bloom depends on the soil and irrigation aspects for growing carnations.
- Those who grow carnations should know the importance of pinching, stopping and disbudding.
- At the time of plucking carnations, leave three to four nodes at the base and remove the stem.
- The plant foliage should not be exposed to the direct heat of a stove or the sun.